Grayscale now holds 44.1 billion assets under management, which represents an increase of over 3 billion in just four days.
As reported by CryptoPotato, Grayscale expanded its crypto-trust offerings, adding five new tokens: Chainlink (LINK), Basic Attention Token (BAT), MANA (Decentraland), Filecoin (FIL), and Livepeer (LPT). These trusts, already operational for eligible accredited investors, surged in price considerably after the announcement.
Demand For More Cryptos
Michael Sonnenshein, CEO of Grayscale, shared the news about new trusts following a massive inflow of accredited investors and clients demanding new prospective tokens. Meanwhile, the Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC) still trades slightly below the price of BTC.
- Basic Attention Token Trust: $3.5M with 11.08M in holdings per share.
- Decentralised Trust: $18.8M, with $11.02 holdings per share
- Chainlink Trust: $3.1M, with $2.75 holdings per share
- Livepeer Trust: $10.3M, with 25.04 holdings per share
- Filecoin Trust: $5.7M, with 127.43 holdings per share
03/29/21 UPDATE: Net Assets Under Management, Holdings per Share, and Market Price per Share for our Investment Products.
— Grayscale (@Grayscale) March 29, 2021
The possibilities of a Grayscale Bitcoin ETF
While the total of AUM increases with the new trusts, rumors are circulating that Grayscale could be planning to launch a crypto Exchanged-traded fund (ETF) anytime soon. As reported, the company posted several job positions related to ETF endeavors. Some of the open positions are:
- ETF Authorized Participant Relationship Manager,
- ETF Compliance Officer,
- ETF Creation & Redemption Specialist,
- and ETF Finance Reporting Manager.
If Grayscale joins other firms like Goldman Sachs by launching a Bitcoin ETF, the Securities and Exchange Commission might start giving it a harder thought after rejecting many applications in the past. This could give the crypto market a dramatic boost as accredited investors and institutional capital could flock to it —considering both companies have stated the increasing crypto demand from their clients.